Braised Caramel Pork Belly
Preparation Time: 3 hours
- 1 kilogram pork belly chunks
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 cups coconut water
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons LORINS PATIS PURO
- 5 medium hard-boiled eggs
- Spring onions
- Marinate pork with onion, garlic, and salt for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add sugar, and wait until it turns golden brown. Add pork and mix well.
- Pour in coconut water and water. Bring to boil and skim off foam from the surface.
- Stir in Lorins Patis Puro. Simmer, covered, for 2 hours or until meat is fork-tender. Add eggs, and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, and garnish with spring onions before serving.